Meet Miss World 2011 Contestant - Colombia - Monica RESTREPO



Miss World 2011 - Colombia - Monica RESTREPO

Personal Information

Name: Monica RESTREPO

Age: 21

Height: 174

Languages: Spanish & English

BIOGRAPHY

Monica is in her fifth semester of Art and Psychology at University. Her hobbies include: swimming, art, contemporary dance and painting. Her future career ambition is to be a curator of a museum. As a keen artist, Monica’s proudest moment was visiting the Sistine Chapel in Vatican City.

Interview

Tell us a little something about your Country ?

My country is full of warm people and beautiful places to see. It is full of culture, art and fun.

Future ambitions ?

To finish my studies in art and pursue my career in cultural projects.

Describe yourself

I am a woman with huge values who loves art, which makes me sensitive to everything that happens in the world. I see life and other people in a different perspective.

Personal Motto?

“It is very easy to help others” - you do not have to be a beauty queen or entrepreneur, famous, rich or fill a specific profile. We can all help, not only with material possessions but by listening to someone’s problems. With love and a smile we can change the world.

Favourite food ?

My favourite food is Mexican, I love spice!

Favourite Music / Books ?

I love rock bands: Guns & Roses, Kiss, Poison, AC/DC, ZZ Top and art history books.

Do you have any pets ?

Yes, I have six cats and two dogs which I adopted.

What is the proudest moment of your life or most memorable day?

When I went to the Sistine Chapel in the Vatican City. As an artist it was a dream come true. Michelangelo Buonarroti was a genius like all Renaissance artists.

Special Talents ?

I can sing, paint and dance.

Any other interesting facts ?

I am the voice in my country to create awareness on the issue of human trafficking. I worked with PricewaterhouseCoopers to defend young victims of violence. I am working with the National Police in Colombia against alcohol, drugs and smoking during childhood.

source: (Thank you and credits to
http://misscontest.blogspot.com/
and all sources for the information and pictures)