Miss Finland Pia Pakarinen gave up her title Miss Finland 2011

HELSINKI, September 16 – Upon returning from Sao Paulo, Brazil, after competing in the Miss Universe pageant, Pia Pakarinen announced publicly, on national television, her decision to give up the Miss Finland 2011 title.



Between tears, Pakarinen mentioned that the last months were very hard and that she had virtually no support to prepare herself for the Miss Universe pageant held on September 12th, where she walked out from empty-handed.

She also had problems with organizers, who she says still owe her money. “I want to thank all the people who supported me in one way or the other, but I am no longer able to bear this crown”, said Pakarinen.

“Being Miss Universe is something that would have been amazing as a career, but I missed it. Now, I close this episode in my life, and as I close this door, I am sure a lot of new doors will open for me”.

She mentioned that the national organization does not put the needed importance into their titleholders. “They don’t even work full time, and it’s not possible to do everything by myself. I believe the pageant should change completely, be new, modern, current”.

“I am much more relaxed and can breathe freely” said Pakarinen before getting a huge round of applause.


Special thanks and credits to globalbeauties

source: (Thank you and credits to
http://freedom-guy.blogspot.com/
and all sources for the information and pictures)