Miss Earth 2011 Contestant - MISS ENGLAND EARTH 2011 - Roxanne Smith;s Photo & Profile/Interview

Birth Name:
Birth Date: (age 22)
Birth Place: Birmingham
Occupation:
Height: 1.65 m (5 ft 5 in)
Measurements: 81-63-86
Hair color:
Eye color:
Title(s):
Major Competition(s):
Miss Earth 2011


BIOGRAPHY:



INTERVIEW:

What environmental project will you create to promote the protection of Mother Earth and why?

I want to reduce emissions around the world to protect the ozone layer; I don't think people realize the destruction being caused by these emissions. Protecting the forests, woods and wood lands is also very important to me, not only do they supply mother earth with what it needs to grow but the animals that live within that environment play a huge part keeping the forests healthy.

What makes you proud of the country you are representing, and what can you promote about your country?

I'm proud to be English, for many reasons, to name a few. I feel we are one of the most welcoming diverse and multi-cultural countries in the world. Every year as a nation we raise millions of pounds for the unfortunate and disadvantaged countries worldwide. I think we have the most amazing landscape and woodland areas and also the animals that live within the woods and forests. We have some fantastic landmarks for example, Stonehenge, Buckingham Palace, Big Ben St Paul's Cathedral and Sherwood Forest, probably one of the most famous in the world. Reason being Robin Hood, who took from the rich & gave to the poor. We are also the home to some of the biggest names in literature Shakespeare, Charles Dickens, George Orwell, Jane Austen & Roald Dahl to name but a few. I believe England has and continues to give a huge amount to the world in many areas and with your help I hope to add to that in whatever small way I can.

Describe your childhood/growing years.

My childhood wasn't easy; I had to grow up really fast. I was a timid and shy child and didn't have much confidence as I didn't find it easy to talk to new people. I enjoyed more than anything to be outside, I was more of a tomboy than a little girl. You would always find me in a tree or playing football somewhere. As a child we had many animals, we had cats, dogs, hamsters, chickens, a goat, owls, sparrow hawks and even a bone constricting python called spud. I think this is where my love of animals became more apparent.

What lessons did you learn from your childhood/growing years?

From my childhood looking back now, it's made me the person I am today, all the bad experiences have turned me into the strong independent woman I am. I'm a firm believer that you need to work hard to achieve and succeed in life; also you need to be generous to those not as fortunate as you. I look up to my mother; father and grandparents as they are very strong role models and have helped push me in the right direction. I will forever be bound to them not only but love but also respect. The most important message they have taught me is that beauty is only skin deep, you need to be beautiful from the inside and it will then show on the outside.

What is your most memorable moment?

My most memorable moment in life was in 2007 when I woke up from major life saving surgery; I was told after my recovery if I hadn't of had the surgery I would have died within one week. To have survived that difficult time in my life has been a memorable and exceptional achievement and I will always be proud of myself and my loving and supporting family, as this time was as traumatic for them as it was for me. I am not strictly speaking a religious person however I can't help but think that there was someone watching over me and I have tried to continue to live my life in a way that would make whoever it was that helped me proud. After I recovered, I made myself a promise to achieve everything I didn't have the confidence to achieve before, I then entered the pageantry world and haven't looked back since.

What is your environmental advocacy?

I am a big believer in personal responsibility everyone should be accountable for their actions. From a school child throwing litter to a millionaire business man making money by destroying large sites of natural beauty such as the rainforest, everyone needs to know that sometimes the damage cannot be reversed and if things don't change we will lose some of the world's most amazing and beautiful animals. I would like everyone to stop burying their head in the sand and for big business to lead the way and think of the impact their actions have, although in truth, I believe the change will come overtime when the general public wake up and demand these changes.


PHOTO GALLERY:


Special thanks to Wikipedia & www.pinoyexchange.com/ & www.missearth.tv

source: (Thank you and credits to
http://www.missearth.tv/
http://en.wikipedia.org/
http://ocean-blu.blogspot.com/
and all sources for the information and pictures)