Miss Earth 2011 Contestant - MISS U.S. VIRGIN ISLANDS EARTH 2011 - Kara Williams's Photo & Profile/Interview

Birth Name: Kara Williams
Birth Date: (age 22)
Birth Place: St. Croix
Occupation:
Height: 1.70 m (5 ft 7 in
Measurements: 86-66-91
Hair color:
Eye color:
Title(s):
Major Competition(s):
Miss Earth 2011


BIOGRAPHY:

Information to be posted

INTERVIEW:

What environmental project will you create to promote the protection of Mother Earth and why?

Coral reefs help prevent erosion of beaches, provide breading and feeding grounds for marine life, control carbon dioxide in the water and bring money to low income regions. Pollution, overfishing and abuse of our reefs have put them in danger of destruction. The environmental project that I would create to promote the protection of mother earth would be a program called - Reef Keepers. Despite a growing interest in coral reefs and environmental issues, the population needs to know more. According to experts most of the population does not realize the urgency of protecting our endangered reefs. Reef Keepers will be a program designed to educate the public about their effects on our precious reefs. The most basic thing that people need to know about coral reefs is that it is a living organism and not simply a rock.

What makes you proud of the country you are representing, and what can you promote about your country?

At age 22 I've already traveled to many destinations and nothing compares to the beauty of the place I am proud to call home, the U.S. Virgin Islands. The many different faces, the strong religious values and the warm and welcoming nature of our people are some of our islands greatest assets. Our islands are unique and offer something for everyone such as swimming in our crystal clear waters, hiking our beautiful nature trails or shopping in our historic districts. The landscape of our islands is truly breathtaking and attracts visitors from all over the world.

Describe your childhood/growing years.

These are the years that shaped my life and helped make me who I am today. Growing up as the youngest of four siblings; those being significantly older than me, I learned to adapt and be able to interact with people of all ages. My parents also taught me the importance of traveling and exploring new cultures. In school I was very active in sports where I learned to work in a team environment and became more self-confident. All of these things have contributed to the person I have become.

What lessons did you learn from your childhood/growing years?

First and foremost I have learned that my family values are the core of who I am. Every decision that I make in life stems from the strong beliefs that my family has instilled in me. Hard work, a positive attitude and perseverance will determine the successes that I have in life. I have learned that nothing comes for free and that my personal dedication and commitment will make my dreams a reality.

What is your most memorable moment?

My most memorable moment was when my mother and stepfather purchased beachfront property in an isolated area of Mexico when I was just a little girl. This gave me the opportunity to travel with my family and experience a new culture. I knew from the beginning I had to give up my TV, computer and other electronics for a place with no electricity. This was a great experience for me as I learned what it was like to be one with nature. This time allowed me the opportunity to learn how to snorkel, surf and survive without all the modern conveniences that we take for granted each day. I even had the opportunity to climb to the top of Mayan ruins. It was survivor 101 for me and I learned so much. Some of my most memorable moments were spent there and I would not trade it for anything.

What is your environmental advocacy?

My environmental advocacy is educating the public on the dangers of not protecting our planet from pollution. It is critically important that we as a community understand that the things we do today impact future generations. It is our responsibility to protect our environment and provide a safe place for our kids and grandkids to live in the future. By educating the public and enforcing environmental protection laws we will ensure the sustainability of our planet.


PHOTO GALLERY:



Special thanks to Wikipedia & www.pinoyexchange.com/ & www.missearth.tv

source: (Thank you and credits to
http://www.missearth.tv/
http://en.wikipedia.org/
http://ocean-blu.blogspot.com/
and all sources for the information and pictures)