Miss Earth 2011 Contestant - MISS BOLIVIA EARTH 2011 - Valeria Avendano's Photos & Profile/Interview

Birth Name: Valeria Avendano
Birth Date: (age 23)
Birth Place: La Paz
Occupation:
Height: 1.76 m (5 ft 9 1⁄2 in)
Measurements: 93-65-97
Hair color:
Eye color:
Title(s):
Major Competition(s):
Miss Earth 2011


BIOGRAPHY:



INTERVIEW:

What environmental project will you create to promote the protection of Mother Earth and why?

The excessive demand of the mankind towards the environment. This means that in order to satisfy the necessities and new needs changes the balance between the mother land - nature and human being, which causes the pollution, destruction of the rainforests, the poaching and many other acts that go in opposition to the well-being of the mother land.

What makes you proud of the country you are representing, and what can you promote about your country?

I feel proud of my people, my countries geography and history, and I´m so proud of my ancestor's and the millenary cultures (quechuas, aymaras, guaranties).

Bolivia has a geographical incomparable variety. From the covered snow heights of the Andes, his beautiful Salar of Uyuni ( sea salt ), the biggest of the world, his lake Titicaca, the highest of the world, the fertile valleys and the exuberance of the Amazon, where they reign the flora and the most coveted fauna, with parks and reservations that are a lung of the world. You can admire the flight of the condor in the heights of 5.000 meters above sea level and feel the roar of the leopard in the oriental plains to 500 meters above sea level; you can observe to the alpaca with his rich wool and within a few hours you will appreciate an immense cayman in Amazonian waters.

In all this distance exists minerals, agricultural wealth, hydro-coal-like, timber, and renewable as well as not renewable resources. And in all this distance there is 10 million Bolivians are with a diversity of cultures and languages.

We are a thousand-year-old country, with cultures as the Tihuanacota, which has bequeathed his forms of life and agrarian productivity and cities of stone. The culture Aymara and the Quechua culture, they cornered our geography united with cultures of the Amazonian zones of the country. In these cultures we have developed the art, the culture, the music, the production and the laboriousness of the Bolivian man and women.

Bolivia is a country with a rich history of combate in search of the freedom that we have obtained in hard historical battles. For our freedom we risqué our lives looking for equality. Bolivia is a society of deep faith and is tied to the ancient beliefs to the Christian faith. We are a country on the centre of South America, as well as in the heart of our continent.

Describe your childhood/growing years.

It was one of the most beautiful time of my life, because my cousins and I were living in the same house, playing and strengthening our familiar bows, during the holidays period the all family used to travel to the country side, we had a direct contact with nature, so we can make the most of it.

At this stage of my life I lived between my city and the country side, and become to appreciate and to strengthen the relations with my family specially when we used to be visit the family country house of the family and the contact with nature has strengthened me physically which help me to became an athlete and compete, many times arriving the first place.

What lessons did you learn from your childhood/growing years?

The love and recognition of the family has strengthened the spirit, the contacts with nature strengthen me physically, and the desire to participate in sports events has strengthened myself auto esteem.

What is your most memorable moment?

The memorable facts that I have had in my life, have been the sports games obtained in my adolescence and youth; becoming Miss La Paz's title, most important department of my country, then Miss Bolivia-Earth title. My moment of happiness has been the birth of my brother, and the sadness moment was when my grandfather died.

What is your environmental advocacy?

I will try in my daily life to generate the least possible volumes of garbage and tend to recycle, that certainly is what cause more damages. I try to save most possible energy, taking advantage specially of the day light, and great part of my teenager and youth life, I have been vegetarian.


PHOTO GALLERY:



Special thanks to Wikipedia & www.pinoyexchange.com/ & www.missearth.tv

source: (Thank you and credits to
http://www.missearth.tv/
http://en.wikipedia.org/
http://ocean-blu.blogspot.com/
and all sources for the information and pictures)